Spiraea x bumalda ‘Froebelii’
Froebel Spirea Attributes
Along with the foliage, you can enjoy pinkish-red flowers from late spring to mid-summer. The flowers are flat-topped clusters that are very attractive to local butterflies. In some plants, the gorgeous flowers might have a sparse and intermittent repeat bloom towards the fall.
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Watering Needs: Low
- Botanical Pronunciation: spy-REE-a bew-MAL-da
- Deciduous/evergreen: Deciduous
- Growth rate: Fast
- Average landscape size: 2 to 3 feet in height and width
- Special features: Purplish-green foliage and brilliant red-purple summer flowers
- Foliage color: Green
- Blooms: June to July
- Flower color: Reddish-pink
- Flower attributes: Showy clusters of brilliant reddish-pink flowers
- Garden style: Cottage, rustic
- Design Ideas: Excellent selection to add some privacy to your yard. Make a stunning impression when using Froebel spirea in a mass planting. Line your driveway or pathway with these beautiful spireas. Flowers attract butterflies and bees, and you will want to use this shrub for a pollinator garden.
- Companion Plants: Think about evergreens and ornamental grasses, such as arborvitaes or cotoneasters. Perennials, like Coconut lime coneflowers, work well with this spirea.
Froebel Spirea Landscape Uses
The average texture of the spirea can easily blend into your landscape. With the help of coarser shrubs, this spirea brings some balance to your yard. You might want to use these spireas as low hedges near a pathway. If you have a perennial garden, place these shrubs as fillers in your outdoor space.
Since the Froebel spirea attracts butterflies and birds, you might want to plant them in places where you can enjoy these friendly visitors. Even when the plant is not in bloom, it is still an attractive shrub for your spaces. If you want to provide some color to your cottage gardens, this Spiraea x bumalda ‘Froebelii’ is an exceptional option. For those sunny borders, think about how great these spireas will look planted in a group or as a single specimen.
Froebel Spirea Care
Light shearing should be done on this spirea. You will want to remove the faded flower clusters to help encourage blooming. Since the flowers develop on new wood, make sure to prune in the late winter to early spring.
Enjoy the Beautiful Froebel Spirea in Your Landscape
Spiraea x bumalda 'Froebelii'
If you are excited about adding the Froebel spirea to your space, Arbor Valley Nursery can deliver this lovely shrub to your business. We can help you find the right option for your landscape. From trees to flowers, our shrub nursery will provide you with exceptional service and care. Our team can help you take your landscape to the next level. For more information about the Froebel spirea, take a few minutes to fill out the contact form.