The general manager of Utopian Plants Colorado responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales/growth opportunities. To direct all operational aspects including distribution, customer service, human resources, administration, and sales in accordance with the organization’s objectives.
- A hands-on approach to leadership and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable success in the multiple aspects of our business.
- Inventory Accuracy: The system is 100% accurate and maintained on a perpetual basis; all teammates understand when inventory is coming in, where inventory is located, and how inventory is to move through the system. Work with branch locations on inventory processes and accuracy.
- Communicate with Sales, Purchasing, Administration, Distribution, Receiving, Plant Health Care (PHC) and Management.
- Coordinate with Purchasing, Accounting, and Sales Teams to ensure minimum stock quantities and optimum product turnover to support the promise of “Quality Plants Delivered on Your Time” is consistently met.
- Continuous Improvement: Leverage your expertise of Lean/Six-Sigma methodologies to support process improvements in inventory management throughout the organization.
- Developing new relationships with customers, connecting with key decision makers within the market, answering customer queries, advising customers on plant materials and techniques, identifying new business opportunities with current customers, and creating business opportunities for new customers, create new solutions for customer challenges, and message the brand and value to the market and community
This role revolves around relationship development and good communication, as well as various nursery operations; specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the new business generation and sales while developing opportunities for customers to increase their % wallet with our organization
- Providing sales and organization management with feedback on the market trends and customer projects
- Identifying and developing new customers by establishing and maintaining relationships through regular customer contacts and visits
- In partnership with DoS, preparing key customer strategies for maintenance and growth, % of wallet increases
- Identifying and prioritizing new business opportunities, developing capture strategies, and taking actions with customers to position the organization as the preferred supplier
- Developing and participating in presentations and other community events which help present the organization as a market leader
- Monitoring the customer’s project progress as appropriate to ensure customer requirements are being met from a scope, quality, cost, and schedule perspective
- Local travel as required
- Periodically assist with nursery operations to include inventory, plant loading, receiving, skid operations, plant health care, irrigation and other operational tasks
- Periodically assisting with administration tasks
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of Green Industry experience
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including GCs, LAs, City Foresters, Landscape Supervisors and Owners
- Experience delivering customer-focused solutions
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and advising abilities
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs
- Valid driver’s license, can pass a DMV audit
- Ability to work a full-time schedule with periodic weekend and evening responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems/Logistics, Business, Horticulture, or similar discipline or experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Nursery or Warehousing Operations
- Experience with Lean or Six-Sigma Methods
- Production/Distribution and Horticulture Operations
- Root Cause Analysis
- Reducing variances
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Horticulture, or related field
- Colorado Certified Nursery Professional
- Industry specific sales software experience
- Please submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completion of Culture Index Survey. Without survey completion, your application will NOT be considered.
- Copy and paste the following into your browser: https://take.surveys.ci/s/9sCaUY3QXo/86735
$60,000-$120,000 DOE + Bonus Potential