AVN succeeds by helping you & your business succeed.
+100 years in the industry
The Cedar Rapids False Cypress is a tall evergreen shrub that can reach up to 360 inches in height, making it quite imposing in the garden. It spreads out generously, spanning between 144 to 180 inches in width, so it needs ample space to grow comfortably. This shrub's enduring green foliage adds a touch of charm that lasts throughout the year, providing a striking and long-lasting presence in your garden.
The Cedar Rapids False Cypress has several useful landscaping applications. You can plant it as a tall and eye-catching centerpiece in your garden. It also works well when planted in rows to create a natural screen or hedge, giving you privacy and a clear garden boundary. It's versatile and fits in with various garden styles, whether your garden is formal, cottage-style, or woodland-themed. You can also use it as a green background for colorful flowering plants or other shrubs to create a visually appealing garden. This shrub brings an elegant touch to your outdoor space, whether you want it as a focal point or a backdrop for other plants.
Planting and caring for Cedar Rapids False Cypress is simple. Choose a sunny spot with well-drained soil, and make sure there's enough space for it to grow up to 30 feet tall and 12 to 15 feet wide. Water it regularly, especially when it's young, and add mulch to retain moisture and control weeds. You won't need to prune or fertilize it much. It's also deer-resistant, so pests are rarely a problem. With minimal effort, you can enjoy its impressive height and lush evergreen foliage year after year.
- Watering Needs: Keep the soil consistently moist, especially when young.
- Botanical Pronunciation: Say "ka-mee-SIP-uh-riss thy-OY-deez."
- Plant Type: It's a shrub.
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Stays green year-round.
- Growth Rate: Grows steadily, not too fast.
- Average Landscape Size: Can grow up to 30 feet tall and 12 to 15 feet wide.
- Dramatic Foliage: Striking, feathery green leaves.
- Foliage Color: Bright lime green.
- Blooms: Produces small, inconspicuous flowers.
- Flower Color: Flowers are brownish.
- Flower Attributes: Not grown for ornamental flowers.
- Garden Style: Suits formal, cottage, or woodland gardens.
- Design Ideas: Great as a tall focal point, hedge, or screen.
- Companion Plants: Pair with other evergreens or flowering perennials.
Interested in a particular plant or have questions?
Please don't hesitate to contact us via this form or email, and we will reply as soon as possible.