AVN succeeds by helping you & your business succeed.
+100 years in the industry
Hawaii™ Hibiscus, is an unparalleled gem of the botanical world that deserves a place of honor in your garden or home. This exotic and vibrant plant, indigenous to the tropical paradise of Hawaii, showcases a brilliant fusion of aesthetic appeal and hardiness that will leave you in awe. With its stunning, large, trumpet-shaped flowers and rich, glossy leaves, the Hawaii™ Hibiscus is sure to become the centerpiece of your garden or indoor space, evoking feelings of tranquility and joy.
The breathtaking flowers of the Hawaii™ Hibiscus are its crowning glory. These blossoms, available in a mesmerizing array of colors ranging from fiery reds and deep oranges to soothing pinks and pure whites, are simply irresistible. These enchanting blooms will not only delight your senses, but also serve as a magnet for hummingbirds and butterflies, adding an extra layer of charm and vitality to your environment. As a bonus, the plant's abundant, continuous blooming from spring to fall will guarantee an endless supply of this tropical splendor.
Resilient and adaptable, the Hawaii™ Hibiscus is more than just a pretty face. This plant is low-maintenance, requiring only moderate amounts of water and sunlight to thrive. Even if you're not blessed with a green thumb, rest assured that the Hawaii™ Hibiscus will reward you with its magnificent presence. The plant is also remarkably resistant to pests, ensuring that your investment remains healthy and vibrant for years to come.
As if its beauty and resilience weren't enough, the Hawaii™ Hibiscus also boasts noteworthy health benefits. The flowers and leaves contain a plethora of nutrients and antioxidants, which have been used for centuries in traditional medicine to support overall health and well-being. By incorporating the Hawaii™ Hibiscus into your life, you are not only adding a touch of tropical elegance, but also investing in your health and wellness.
Transform your outdoor space into a tropical paradise with the versatile and enchanting Hawaii™ Hibiscus! This breathtaking plant offers countless landscaping possibilities that will enhance the beauty and functionality of any garden, patio, or backyard retreat. Here are just a few ways you can incorporate the Hawaii™ Hibiscus into your landscape design to create a stunning and inviting oasis:
- Create a vibrant, eye-catching focal point: The Hawaii™ Hibiscus, with its dazzling array of colors and magnificent blooms, serves as the perfect focal point for any landscape design. Plant a single specimen or a cluster of these beauties in a central location to instantly draw attention and set the tone for your outdoor sanctuary.
- Design a serene border or privacy screen: Plant a row of Hawaii™ Hibiscus along the perimeter of your property or around your outdoor seating area to create a living border that offers both privacy and visual interest. The lush foliage and bold flowers will provide an elegant, natural barrier that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Craft a dynamic container garden: The Hawaii™ Hibiscus is equally at home in containers, allowing you to add a touch of tropical elegance to patios, decks, and balconies. Experiment with various pot sizes, shapes, and colors to create a dynamic and portable container garden that can be easily rearranged or moved indoors during colder months.
- Complement water features: The lush, tropical appearance of the Hawaii™ Hibiscus makes it a natural choice for enhancing the ambience around water features, such as ponds, fountains, or swimming pools. The vibrant flowers and glossy leaves will create a striking contrast against the cool, calming water, elevating the overall atmosphere of your outdoor retreat.
- Build a captivating butterfly and hummingbird garden: The alluring flowers of the Hawaii™ Hibiscus are a veritable feast for butterflies and hummingbirds. By incorporating these plants into your landscape design, you'll create a bustling hub of activity that fosters a deeper connection with nature and adds an extra layer of charm and liveliness to your outdoor space.
Caring for the enchanting Hawaii™ Hibiscus is an enjoyable and rewarding endeavor that is well within reach for gardeners of all skill levels. Embrace the opportunity to cultivate your own tropical paradise by following these simple yet essential guidelines for planting and maintaining the captivating Hawaii™ Hibiscus:
- Choose the perfect location: Select a spot in your garden that receives full to partial sunlight, as the Hawaii™ Hibiscus flourishes in bright conditions. Ensure the area offers well-draining soil, as the plant's roots do not appreciate standing water or overly saturated conditions.
- Plant with care: Gently remove the Hawaii™ Hibiscus from its container, taking care not to damage the roots. Dig a hole twice the width and just as deep as the root ball, and then place the plant into the hole, ensuring that the top of the root ball is level with the soil surface. Fill the hole with soil, and firmly press it down around the plant to eliminate any air pockets. Finally, water the area thoroughly to help the plant settle into its new home.
- Water wisely: The Hawaii™ Hibiscus prefers consistent moisture, so be sure to water your plant regularly, especially during dry spells. However, avoid overwatering, as this can lead to root rot and other issues. Monitor the soil moisture by inserting your finger about an inch into the soil; if it feels dry, it's time to water.
- Feed for success: For optimal growth and flower production, provide your Hawaii™ Hibiscus with a balanced, slow-release fertilizer. Apply the fertilizer according to the package instructions during the growing season to promote healthy foliage, robust blooms, and overall vigor.
- Prune for perfection: Regular pruning will keep your Hawaii™ Hibiscus looking its best and encourage abundant flowering. Prune the plant in late winter or early spring, before new growth begins, by removing dead or damaged branches and shaping the plant to your desired size and form.
- Protect against pests and diseases: While the Hawaii™ Hibiscus is generally pest-resistant, it's essential to keep an eye out for common issues, such as aphids, whiteflies, or spider mites. Should you notice any signs of infestation or disease, treat the plant promptly with the appropriate organic or chemical solution.
- Height: 5-8'
- Width: 4-7'
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Heat Zone: 7
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Habit: Upright
- Flower Color: Blue
- Foliage: Dark Green
Interested in a particular plant or have questions?
Please don't hesitate to contact us via this form or email, and we will reply as soon as possible.