AVN succeeds by helping you & your business succeed.
+100 years in the industry
The Love & Peace® Rose, known scientifically as Rosa 'BAIpeace', is a stunning hybrid tea rose that is cherished for its delightful visual appeal, pleasant fragrance, and resilient nature.
The Love & Peace® Rose is renowned for its striking blooms which are a vibrant blend of yellow at the center, gradually transforming into pink at the edges. The large, double flowers can reach up to five inches in diameter, and typically have 40 to 45 petals. These blooms are not only visually captivating, but they also emit a light, fruity fragrance that adds an olfactory dimension to their beauty.
The plant typically grows to a height of 4 to 5 feet, and a spread of around 3 feet, with dark green, glossy leaves providing a perfect backdrop for the bright blooms. The Love & Peace® Rose is a repeat bloomer, meaning it will produce flowers continuously from late spring until the first frost, provided it is given appropriate care.
In terms of resilience, the Love & Peace® Rose is known for its excellent disease resistance, particularly to blackspot and mildew. It prefers well-drained, fertile soil and full sun exposure for optimal growth. Regular watering, proper pruning, and application of a balanced rose fertilizer can help maintain the health and vigor of this plant.
The Love & Peace® Rose is a highly versatile plant and can be incorporated into various landscaping designs due to its vibrant color, continuous flowering, and appealing fragrance.
- Rose Gardens: Being a hybrid tea rose, Love & Peace® Rose is a natural choice for rose gardens. It can be planted as a standalone focal point or alongside other roses for a diverse display of colors and fragrances.
- Borders and Hedges: The uniform growth and continuous blooming habit of the Love & Peace® Rose make it an excellent choice for borders and hedges. The stunning flowers will provide a vibrant border throughout the growing season.
- Containers: Due to its moderate size, the Love & Peace® Rose can also be grown in large containers. This makes it a suitable choice for patios, balconies, or terraces. Container growing also allows for easier control of soil conditions and improved protection from pests and diseases.
- Cut Flower Gardens: The Love & Peace® Rose is prized for its large, beautifully formed blooms, making it a popular choice for cut flower gardens. The flowers last well in a vase and their pleasant fragrance makes them a wonderful addition to indoor flower arrangements.
- Accents and Specimens: The plant can be used as an accent or specimen plant in mixed beds or borders due to its vibrant color and unique flower form. Its continuous blooming habit ensures a focal point in the garden throughout the growing season.
- Cottage Gardens: The Love & Peace® Rose also fits well into a traditional cottage garden setting. The plant adds height, structure, and color, and its continual blooming offers a long season of interest.
The Love & Peace® Rose, like all roses, prefers full sun and well-drained soil. Regular care including watering, pruning, and fertilizing, will ensure the plant thrives and provides a stunning display throughout the growing season.
Planting and caring for a Love & Peace® Rose involves a series of steps that are fairly typical for rose cultivation. These steps ensure that the plant grows healthily and blooms abundantly.
- Location: Choose a location with full sun exposure, meaning at least six hours of direct sunlight per day. The soil should be well-draining to prevent water-logging.
- Spacing: When planting multiple Love & Peace® Roses, ensure they are spaced about 2-3 feet apart to allow for proper air circulation and prevent the spread of diseases.
- Digging the Hole: Dig a hole that is wide and deep enough to accommodate the root system of the plant. Typically, it should be about twice the width and the same depth as the root ball.
- Planting: Place the rose in the hole, ensuring the bud union (swollen area where the rose was grafted) is level with or slightly above the ground level. Backfill the hole with soil, firming it gently around the roots.
- Watering: Water the plant thoroughly after planting. Subsequently, provide deep watering at least once a week, more in hot, dry periods. Avoid overhead watering to prevent diseases.
- Fertilizing: Begin feeding the plant in early spring when new growth appears. Use a balanced rose fertilizer and follow the package instructions. Continue feeding every 4-6 weeks until late summer.
- Mulching: Apply a layer of mulch around the base of the plant to retain soil moisture and control weeds. Mulch also helps to keep the roots cool during hot summer months.
- Pruning: Prune the Love & Peace® Rose in early spring, before new growth starts. Remove dead or damaged wood and thin out the center of the plant to improve air circulation. Cut back the remaining canes by about one third to one half.
- Disease and Pest Control: Monitor the plant regularly for signs of diseases and pests. The Love & Peace® Rose is known for its disease resistance, but still may be susceptible to common rose pests like aphids. Use appropriate treatments as necessary.
- Winter Care: In colder climates, you may need to protect the Love & Peace® Rose during winter. Mound soil over the base of the plant and consider using winter protection such as rose cones or burlap wraps.
- Height: 4-5'
- Width: 3'
- Hardiness Zone: 5-10
- Heat Zone: 10
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Habit: Compact, Upright
- Flower Color: Yellow
- Foliage: Bright Green
Interested in a particular plant or have questions?
Please don't hesitate to contact us via this form or email, and we will reply as soon as possible.