AVN succeeds by helping you & your business succeed.
+100 years in the industry
The Oso Easy® Pink Cupcake Rose is a remarkable shrub that stands out with its distinct pink blooms, tinged with a subtle hint of coral. As a deciduous shrub, it falls into the medium height category, reaching a garden height of 24 to 48 inches. Equally impressive is its spread, which also spans 24 to 48 inches, allowing for a full, rounded appearance.
One of the most striking features of this rose is its flower color - a vibrant pink that adds a splash of color to any garden setting. The foliage of the Oso Easy® Pink Cupcake Rose is equally attractive, characterized by a lush green color that serves as a perfect backdrop for the flowers. The foliage shade maintains this green vibrancy throughout the growing season, contributing to the overall aesthetic appeal of the shrub.
The Oso Easy® Pink Cupcake Rose is a versatile and attractive choice for a variety of landscaping uses:
- Container Gardening: Its moderate size and mounded habit make it perfect for container planting. It can serve as a standalone feature in pots or be combined with other plants for a mixed container display.
- Landscape Planting: This rose is ideal for planting in garden beds and borders. Its continuous bloom adds long-lasting color and visual interest to landscape designs.
- Mass Planting: The Oso Easy® Pink Cupcake Rose works beautifully in mass plantings, creating a sea of pink blooms. This is particularly effective in larger garden spaces or public gardens.
- Specimen or Focal Point: Its striking flowers and lush foliage make it a great specimen plant. It can be used as a focal point in small garden spaces or as part of a larger landscape design.
- Urban and Cottage Gardens: This rose is well-suited for urban gardens due to its manageable size and disease resistance. It also fits perfectly into the relaxed style of cottage gardens.
- Mixed Beds: The shrub can be integrated into mixed beds with other perennials and shrubs, providing contrast in texture and color.
- Pollinator Gardens: While not specifically known for attracting pollinators, roses can be part of a pollinator-friendly garden, adding diversity and color.
- Border Edging: Its size and shape make it suitable for border edging, providing a neat, low-maintenance edge to pathways or garden borders.
The adaptability of the Oso Easy® Pink Cupcake Rose to various landscaping uses makes it a valuable addition to both residential and commercial properties, enhancing aesthetic appeal with its vibrant blooms and lush foliage.
The Oso Easy® Pink Cupcake Rose is renowned for its ease of care and planting. Here are key guidelines to ensure it thrives in your garden:
- Timing: Plant in spring or early fall to allow roots to establish before extreme weather conditions.
- Location: Choose a location with full sun exposure, where the plant can receive at least 6 hours of sunlight daily.
- Soil Preparation: The rose prefers moist, well-drained soils. Amend the soil with compost or other organic matter to improve drainage and nutrient content.
- Planting Depth and Spacing: Dig a hole twice as wide and as deep as the root ball. Place the plant so that the top of the root ball is level with the soil surface. Space plants 24 to 60 inches apart to allow for growth and air circulation.
- Watering After Planting: Water thoroughly after planting to settle the soil around the roots.
- Watering: Water regularly to keep the soil moist, especially during dry spells. Overwatering should be avoided to prevent root rot.
- Mulching: Apply a layer of mulch around the base to retain soil moisture and suppress weeds.
- Fertilizing: Feed with a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in early spring to support growth and blooming.
- Pruning: Generally, pruning is not needed. However, you can shape the plant in spring if necessary. Since it blooms on new wood, avoid heavy pruning during the blooming season.
- Disease and Pest Management: This variety is disease-resistant, reducing the need for chemical treatments. Regular monitoring for pests and diseases is recommended.
- Winter Care: In colder zones, apply a protective layer of mulch in late fall to insulate roots from extreme cold.
- Reblooming: The Oso Easy® Pink Cupcake Rose is a continuous bloomer and doesn't require deadheading to rebloom.
By following these planting and care instructions, your Oso Easy® Pink Cupcake Rose will be well-positioned to flourish, offering a stunning display of pink blooms and enhancing the beauty of your garden.
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Watering Needs: Prefers moist, well-drained soils. Average watering needs.
- Botanical Pronunciation: RO-zuh
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Average Landscape Size: Grows to a height and spread of 2-4 feet, providing a medium-sized shrub presence.
- Special Features: Suitable for container planting, mass planting, landscapes, and as a specimen or focal point. Also known for its disease resistance and salt tolerance.
- Foliage Color: Green, with reddish new growth.
- Blooms: Summer (Early to Late Summer)
- Flower Color: Pink with a hint of coral
- Flower Attributes: Continuous blooming or reblooming, with showy, large flowers. Deadheading not necessary.
- Garden Style: Ideal for cottage gardens, urban gardens, and traditional landscape settings.
- Design Ideas: Perfect for creating a vibrant border or as part of a mixed bed. Its continuous blooming makes it a standout in any garden. It can also be used in container gardens to add a pop of color.
- Companion Plants: Complements a variety of roses and perennials, especially those with contrasting colors or foliage, like lavender, salvia, and ornamental grasses.
Interested in a particular plant or have questions?
Please don't hesitate to contact us via this form or email, and we will reply as soon as possible.