AVN succeeds by helping you & your business succeed.
+100 years in the industry
The Patriot Dream Rose is a stunning cultivar that stands out in any garden due to its striking color palette and fragrant blooms. It's a hybrid tea rose, a classification denoting its high-centered buds, long stems, and large, individual blossoms. Known for their elegance, hybrid teas like the Patriot Dream Rose are often the stars of formal rose gardens.
One of the most captivating attributes of the Patriot Dream Rose is its exceptional coloration. The blooms display a vibrant red hue that fades into a creamy white towards the edges. This dramatic gradient creates a visually exciting contrast that is further highlighted by the plant's glossy, dark green foliage. Each flower is about 4-5 inches in diameter when fully bloomed, with a high petal count that gives the blooms a lush, full appearance.
The Patriot Dream Rose blooms repeatedly throughout the growing season, from spring until early fall, which makes it an excellent choice for gardeners who wish to enjoy a continuous display of color. The fragrance of this rose is another notable attribute, with a scent that is both sweet and slightly spicy. This olfactory delight adds another layer to the overall appeal of the plant.
In terms of growth habit, the Patriot Dream Rose typically reaches a height of 3-4 feet, with a similar spread. It prefers full sun and well-drained soil, like most roses. It's also a robust plant, demonstrating good disease resistance against common rose afflictions such as blackspot and mildew. However, as with all roses, it does require regular care, including watering, fertilizing, and pruning, to maintain its health and encourage prolific blooming.
The Patriot Dream Rose is a visually striking and highly fragrant hybrid tea rose. Its unique coloration, continuous blooming habit, and robust growth make it an excellent choice for both novice and experienced gardeners looking to add a touch of elegance to their gardens.
The Patriot Dream Rose, with its vibrant coloration and continuous blooming habit, offers a wide range of landscaping uses. Here are some ways you can incorporate this elegant hybrid tea rose into your landscape design:
- Specimen Planting: Given its stunning color contrast and fragrant, lush blooms, the Patriot Dream Rose makes an excellent specimen plant. Planting it solo or in a prominent location within your garden will allow it to serve as a visual centerpiece, attracting attention and admiration.
- Border Plantings: The Patriot Dream Rose can be used to create beautiful borders along walkways, fences, or property lines. The continuous blooms of this rose provide an ongoing source of color throughout the growing season, making it an excellent choice for borders that need a sustained visual impact.
- Rose Gardens: If you're a fan of rose gardens, the Patriot Dream Rose is a must-have. Its unique coloration and large, high-centered blooms make it a standout addition to any collection of roses.
- Cut Flower Gardens: The Patriot Dream Rose, with its long stems and large, individual blossoms, is ideal for cut flower gardens. The blooms are long-lasting when cut, and their sweet-spicy fragrance makes them a lovely addition to indoor floral arrangements.
- Mixed Plantings: The Patriot Dream Rose can be combined with other plants in mixed plantings. Pair it with perennials that bloom at different times to ensure a continuous display of color in the garden. Alternatively, pair it with plants that have contrasting foliage to create an interesting visual texture.
- Containers: If space is a constraint, the Patriot Dream Rose can be grown in large containers. This allows you to enjoy the beauty of this rose in small patios, balconies, or courtyard gardens. Remember to provide adequate drainage and regular care.
Roses like the Patriot Dream require a sunny spot with well-draining soil. Regular watering, fertilization, and pruning will keep this plant healthy and encourage prolific blooming.
Planting and caring for a Patriot Dream Rose involves several steps to ensure its healthy growth and prolific blooming. Here's a guide to help you:
- Site Selection: Choose a location that gets at least six hours of direct sunlight each day. The soil should be well-draining to prevent waterlogging, which can lead to root rot.
- Soil Preparation: Amend the soil with plenty of organic matter like compost or well-rotted manure to improve its fertility and drainage. The ideal soil pH for roses is slightly acidic to neutral, around 6.0-7.0.
- Planting: Dig a hole wide and deep enough to accommodate the root system of the rose bush. Place the plant in the hole, ensuring that the bud union (the swollen part of the stem where the rose variety was grafted onto the rootstock) is level with or slightly above the ground surface. Backfill the hole with the amended soil, firming it gently around the roots.
- Watering: Water newly planted roses deeply and frequently to help establish their root systems. Once established, roses typically need about 1 inch of water per week during the growing season. It's best to water in the morning and at the base of the plant to prevent fungal diseases.
- Fertilizing: Feed your Patriot Dream Rose with a balanced rose fertilizer in early spring when new growth begins, and continue every six weeks through the growing season. Stop feeding about six weeks before the first expected frost to help prepare the plant for winter.
- Pruning: Prune your rose in early spring to remove dead or damaged wood and to shape the plant. Hybrid teas like the Patriot Dream Rose are typically pruned back by about one-third of their height. Always make your cuts above a bud that is facing the outside of the plant to encourage outward growth.
- Disease and Pest Management: The Patriot Dream Rose has good disease resistance, but still keep an eye out for common rose problems like blackspot and powdery mildew. Use a fungicide if necessary. Aphids, rose midges, and other pests can be managed with regular inspections and the use of appropriate insecticides or beneficial insects.
- Winter Care: In colder climates, protect the Patriot Dream Rose in winter by adding a mound of soil or mulch around the base of the plant after the first hard frost.
By following these planting and care guidelines, your Patriot Dream Rose should thrive, providing you with a season-long display of its striking blooms.
- Height: 3-4'
- Width: 2-3'
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Heat Zone: 9
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Habit: Upright
- Foliage: Green
Interested in a particular plant or have questions?
Please don't hesitate to contact us via this form or email, and we will reply as soon as possible.