AVN succeeds by helping you & your business succeed.
+100 years in the industry
Simply Scentsational Sweetshrub is a tough plant that won't attract deer to your garden. It's native to North America and grows quite tall, up to 72 inches. It spreads out nicely, covering an area of 48 to 60 inches. When it blooms, you'll enjoy vibrant red flowers against its bright green leaves, creating a striking look in your garden. This plant is not only beautiful but also resilient, making it a great addition for your landscape.
The Simply Scentsational Sweetshrub is a plant that can be used in many different ways in your garden. It can be a beautiful focal point because it's tall, has bright red flowers, and smells amazing. You can also mix it with other plants in your garden to make it look even more attractive. This plant is good for wildlife gardens because it attracts bees and butterflies. If you like old-fashioned gardens, it fits in perfectly because it has a nostalgic smell. You can also use it to make a natural fence or screen in your yard because it grows at a moderate pace and has lots of leaves. If you're making a garden that stimulates your senses, the sweetshrub is perfect because it smells so good. You can even grow it in pots on your porch or balcony. And if you want a garden that looks and smells great in the evening, this plant's strong fragrance will make it a standout in a moon garden. So, no matter how you use it, the Simply Scentsational Sweetshrub adds beauty, scent, and wildlife to your outdoor space.
Planting and taking care of the Simply Scentsational Sweetshrub is quite simple. First, choose a sunny spot in your garden with well-draining soil. Dig a hole twice as wide as the plant's roots, add compost if your soil is not great, and plant the shrub at the same level it was in its pot. Water it well.
To care for it, keep the soil consistently moist, especially when it's young. Put mulch around it to keep the soil moist and prevent weeds. You might need to trim it a little after it blooms, but not too late in the year. If your soil is poor, you can use a slow-release fertilizer in the spring. Check for pests or diseases occasionally, but it's usually pretty hardy. In very cold places, add mulch and cover it in winter to protect it. With these steps, you can enjoy the Simply Scentsational Sweetshrub's beauty and scent in your garden for a long time.
- Watering Needs: Simply Scentsational Sweetshrub prefers regular watering, especially during the growing season. Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged.
- Botanical Pronunciation: Kah-lee-KAN-thus si-MPLY sen-say-SHUN-al
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Deciduous
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Average Landscape Size: This shrub typically reaches a height of about 72 inches (6 feet) with a spread of 48 to 60 inches (4 to 5 feet).
- Dramatic Foliage: Yes, it has bright green foliage that contrasts beautifully with its vibrant red flowers.
- Foliage Color: Bright Green
- Blooms: Simply Scentsational Sweetshrub produces showy red flowers.
- Flower Color: Red
- Flower Attributes: The flowers are not only visually striking but also emit a captivating fragrance that is often likened to a combination of melon, banana, strawberry, and Juicy Fruit gum.
- Garden Style: This shrub is versatile and can fit well in various garden styles, including cottage gardens, wildlife gardens, and mixed borders.
- Design Ideas: Simply Scentsational Sweetshrub can be used as a focal point in your garden due to its striking appearance and fragrance. Plant it near patios or seating areas to enjoy its delightful scent. It also makes an excellent addition to wildlife-friendly gardens, attracting pollinators and other beneficial insects.
- Companion Plants: Consider pairing Simply Scentsational Sweetshrub with other native plants such as coneflowers (Echinacea), bee balm (Monarda), and native grasses for a harmonious and eco-friendly garden. Its bright green foliage and red flowers can create pleasing color combinations when placed alongside plants with contrasting hues.
Interested in a particular plant or have questions?
Please don't hesitate to contact us via this form or email, and we will reply as soon as possible.